hist-brewing: Mead question

Chad Osborne COsborne at pacbell.net
Sun May 17 15:55:05 PDT 1998

The gradual change your mead went through, from cloudy slowly towards clear over
the course of several months, is exactly what I was expecting.  That is how my
mead (and that of others I know) has always worked in the past (with champagne
yeast.)  However, the problem is, mine is already almost brilliant, which
indicates to me that it is not holding enough yeast in suspension to continue
working.  Then again, unless anyone can offer me any better advice, I do plan to
let it sit for a few months while I monitor the S.G.

Thanks,

Chad