hist-brewing: Oats

Andrew M. Hartig andrew at butter.ucsb.edu
Thu May 14 10:43:30 PDT 1998

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Eric A. Rhude wrote:

> Sttel cut oats is the only thing I use for
> my historical brewing.
>
> I have made several, and they seem to make a difference.
>
> Just my own opinion.
>
> Eric Rhude
> ateno at panix.com

Where does one find "sttel cut" oats?  And following the earlier thread
of this post, what steps does one need to take (if any) to use steel cut
oats for a brew?  I gathered that it was generally unnecessary to "malt"
or prepare the old-fashioned oats in order to brew with them.  (Sorry if
I missed the boat on this one...)

-A: