hist-brewing: Results Re: Clarity

Chad Osborne COsborne at pacbell.net
Sun May 10 09:18:55 PDT 1998

Hello again,

which I would like to express my sincere gratitude.  Many of these
results.

    Chilling the ale (refridgerated 24 hours) had no visible effect.

    Diluting it with water revealed that the opaque color is not the
result of any haze or cloudiness.
    Even at a ratio of 10 parts water to1 part ale, it is evenly opaque,
although less so.

    The final gravity (before priming) was 1.017.  The yeast was fully
settled, and fermentation was
    apparently complete.

    As far as aging goes, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

    And last but definitely not least, it tastes pretty decent (I'm not
much of a judge of flat, room
    temperature ales, but it's not spoiled, by an means.)

    Thanks again, everyone (and any further comments or observations
would be welcomed,)

Chad Osborne