Owenbrau1 Owenbrau1 at aol.com
Fri May 8 08:20:40 PDT 1998

In a message dated 98-05-08 10:11:22 EDT, bjm10 at cornell.edu writes:

> With all due respect, let us quote Paracelsus fully:
>  >
>  > "What is there that is not poison? All things are poison and nothing
>  > [is] without poison. Soley the dose determines that a thing is not a
>  > poison." [As translated in Cassarett and Doull's Toxicology: The Basic
>  > Science of Poisons]
>
>  And the more correct quote illustrates my point even better.  Thank you.

it makes the point that in small doses, things like wormwood or sweet gale MAY
be alright (i have no idea of the toxic dose). but all things are potentially
toxic; pure O2 at ~2 atmosphere pressure will kill you quickly. ( i have the
msds sheet for "air", its hysterical!). some of the spices used in period are
prob not a good idea to use, any thoughts out there on substitutes?
Owen ap Robert