hist-brewing: Ancient Celtic Metheglin Recipe posted on MLD

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Tue Apr 7 11:43:33 PDT 1998

This may be a silly question, but I'm wondering.

The following was posted to the Mead Lover's Digest. Does anyone know if
the pollen found in such a sample truly represents herbs added, or was
it just pollen the bees left in the honey? Short of plant material left
in the sample, is there anyway to tell the difference between pollens
added intentionally and pollens left behind by bees?

Crystal A. Isaac