hist-brewing: Beer: Ales? & Lagers?

Bryan Maloney bjm10 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 9 08:30:23 PST 1998

>An out-of-period publication date does not reduce the value of "The English

"Out-of-period"?  The period of historical brewing is all of history, my
dear fellow, and the methods of the 19th century IPA makers are every bit
as appropriate and "in period" to this list as those of any earlier time.

After all, I intend to turn my notes taken directly from two out-of-print
18th-century brewing manuals into a lengthy article for this list.