hist-brewing: Harrison's Beer AHA class

Wylie A. & Gail D. Smith wyliesmith at isomedia.com
Tue Nov 25 07:56:13 PST 1997

On November 25 bjm said
>No modern AHA style would be appropriate, just put it into whatever it
tastes most like.  The thing to remember is that that AHA styles are just
plain screwed to begin with.

I entered it as a herb beer, and got severely docked for lack of herbs.  It
had a very unique taste do to the bayberry.  The color added by the Orris is
truly unique.  Still managed a ribbon, and I think with some attention, it
could score in the mid 30's, but being out of class, there is little hope of
an over 40 score.

It is too light for a Belgian Pale, methinks, and I would not like to change
to a Trappist yeast anyway.

It is right with the English Ale yeast I am using.