hist-brewing: Levels of authenticity

Wylie A. & Gail D. Smith wyliesmith at isomedia.com
Thu Oct 16 10:06:23 PDT 1997

So, I am using hyrid whole grains that didn't exist (ESB), hops that may
have existed (Fuggles), yeast that can't be shown to exist one way or the
other(No strains of yeast were available in the 1500's), and all modern
equipment.  I am doing an entire boil rather than segmented, and scaling
down the ingredients.  I am changing the times that ingredients are added.

That puts me at best at Loose Contrafait, right?