hist-brewing: Postings???

Bryan Maloney bjm10 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 18 07:06:28 PDT 1997

>brackwort/charwort, while I see only one beer plus the brackwort/charwort.
>I have no doubt that 3 separate beers can be produced as you described -

And let us not forget that Mr. Markham bluntly stated that a wife might
make one, two, or three beers from a single mashing, as she wished for that
particular instance.  "Season to taste. Cook until done." has been the
watchword for a very long time, it seems.

>roughly 80 gallons each, yet she brewed 240 gallons at a time.  She did it
>in 3 batches and then MIXED THE BATCHES TOGETHER to create "three
>hoggesheads of good beere.")

Diggitie doo!  If that's the case, then Porter is REALLY old.  Just think!
Entire goes all the way back to the 16th century...