hist-brewing: List Members

Bryan Maloney bjm10 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 17 07:37:21 PDT 1997

>I have heard that you can keep beer for more than the required 3 months.

What is the "required 3 months"?  I have a porter that "kept" quite nicely
for a year after it was brewed, by which time it was all finished.  I have
a spiced wit that has kept about as long, and may keep longer.  I've got an
imperial stout in my cellar that won't even be ready to sample for another
three months (which means it's six months in the bottle).

Where does the "required 3 months" come from?