hist-brewing: Postings???

Wylie A. & Gail D. Smith wyliesmith at isomedia.com
Tue Sep 16 16:53:37 PDT 1997

Actually, what I found is the malting process at the time was inconsistent,
to say the least, so I added "just a bit of color" with the caramel and to
get it "In class" with English Old Style as is standard today.  This is to
simulate the uneven malting that may have been prevalent in the times.

It is only 1 pound in 25, so still, its close!
The source was from the Rialto postings, making reference to the Abbey at
St. Pauli.  Shall I find it for you?