hist-brewing: Strength of Mead

Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe agincort at imperium.net
Fri Jul 4 05:35:53 PDT 1997

G'day,
And I thought they just pretty much pleased themselves. I do know that
hives-per-acre was regulated in England, and in such a way as to imply
that honey was both plentiful and free, so to speak, if you raised bees.
Which they did. Honey for US, is expensive. Honey for them was part of
the way they lived. I know they paid taxes, that way, but honey wasn't
expensive in our sense of the word, that I ever read.
Ian Gourdon

--
Many talk of Robin Hood who never shot in his bow
my home page: http://www.imperium.net/~agincort