hist-brewing: cordials

Baden,Doug baden at oclc.org
Thu Jul 3 08:08:51 PDT 1997

Arnaud:
Well, what is the recipe for this magic elixir?
BTW, I am also corresponding with her privately as this is not brewing!

Arundel

As a matter of fact, I also make cordials and liqueurs. I recently
obtained a copy of a 15the cent. German recipe for Aqua Vitae. I had been
looking for it for a while and a friend here in the West gave it to me as
well as a sample, a list of ingredients and one of the harder to find
ingredients (some galengale root). It's supposed to be used as a tonic
before battle or an elixir to raise the dead after battle  (seriously!).
I actually like the taste of it.

I do other things as well: fruits and herbs.  Hope I can help.

Arnaud.