hist-brewing: Brewing historically

Baden,Doug baden at oclc.org
Wed May 14 10:25:45 PDT 1997

Bryan:
The cook on board a ship made bread and soups regularly.  It was done
over a pot like everywhere else.  If the sea was too rough, food was
simplified to non liquids, but this was not too often.  The pots were
suspended
and moved with the sea.  Not a big problem.  We do it today

Cindy Renfrow's book "A Sip Through Time" centers on 1600 to the present.
I is excellent unless your time of interest is 800BC-1250 (hops not popular
yet).

I am working on developing sources.

Doug