hist-brewing: We're Not Dead...

Baden,Doug baden at oclc.org
Tue May 13 08:19:43 PDT 1997

Marilyn:
First, good beer is not cloudy.  This is because they are not giving
their beer a protein rest, or they are not pouring the beer properly
and getting the yeast off of the bottom.  A simple solution is to be
careful with the bottle and get the top pour out of it (the bottom
contains the yeast!).

Remember that the yeast is full of good stuff for you, though :).

I live in Columbus, Ohio and do brewing.  I have recently (within
the last year) been brewing beer without hops.  This is a very
different process and balancing act to get a drinkable beer!

And yes, we are out here.  We just do not make much noise!

Doug