hist-brewing: Age

Chuck Graves chuck_graves at mail.hq.faa.gov
Tue Aug 20 09:48:48 PDT 1996

Greetings, all.

>Please remember that this is a mailing list discussing historical
>brewing.

>Discussions of fencing in the SCA are off-topic.

Sorry...curiousity got the better of me.

>Discussions of the modern drinking age might be a little on-topic, but
>do keep in mind that many countries outside the USA have either no
>drinking age or one much lower than 21.

Although the U.S. drinking age is pertinent to this discussion (since it
was being used as a benchmark), my chief concern is in the TEACHING of
historical brewing techniques...especially, how we define who should be
allowed access to the information. (The very statement of the last topic is
offensive to me.)

Personally, I believe the most important aspect of historical brewing is
passing the information on to others...not just acquiring it. There is
simply no place in teaching for avoidance and paranoia.

Sincerely,
Chuck Graves