hist-brewing: Age

Mike Munson otar at inetnebr.com
Wed Aug 14 20:20:48 PDT 1996

Greetings,

This serv has been quiet too long, so I will pose a question.

Should brewing guilds allow minors to be members. (non-drinking)?
Or, put another way:
Should we as brewers teach/discuss our arts to only people who are of legal age?

As president of our guild this question has been brought up (again) of even
having minors present at guild meetings. None of the minors has ever been
served, nor consumed any of our stuff. And yet there are those who feel that
even having minors present could cast a bad light on us. The thoughts were
if the minors would leave go somewhere else get or consume, and get in
trouble the guild could be to blame. (because they were at a guild function.)

Any thoughts, comments, sugestions?
--------------------------------------
    /\      /|\     |\     |\
   /  \    / | \    | \    | \