bwbug: KDE Call for Developer Participation

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Tue Sep 26 16:46:25 PDT 2006

Hey all,

I am looking for a few good developers with experience using large libraries
and documentation who would be willing to participate in a usability test
activity.  If you or someone you know (friend, coworker) are interested in
helping out KDE (and the world!), please reply.

Tentatively the test will be during the week of October 9th or 16th (I have to
schedule the portable lab) and will only take 1 hour of your time. The
location has not been set, but depending on the location of participants
(DC-Metro and Baltimore-Metro area), it will be local and accessible.
Remember, participants will receive $30 which may be donated back to KDE or a
KDE Project.

Below I have included the Call for Participation, feel free to forward that
part of the message on to friends or coworkers in the area who may be
interested in participating.

Thanks!

~ Celeste

~~~

As you know I do a lot of work on KDE and I am planning a usability activity
mid-October. The dates and times are flexible, the activity is expected to
last up to one hour, and participants will receive $30USD.

If you or someone you know:

… has experience developing for a large project like KDE, Gnome, Apache, or
other non-Open Source projects

… are interested in becoming involved in a large project like KDE.. etc.

… has experience using large libraries like GTK or QT

… are interested in learning how to use large libraries like GTK or QT

… has experience or are interested in desktop client interface design and
programming

… lives in the DC-Metro (including NoVa) or Baltimore-Metro area

… are interested in participating in a usability activity and improving the
quality of software

… contact me to sign up for the activity or to get more information. Remember
KDE or Open Source experience is not required

Please contact me at Celeste_ at _KDE_._org if you are interested in
particpating. I also appreciate if you could forward this message to your
local LUGs or college clubs.

Thanks!

--
Celeste Lyn Paul