bwbug: John Payne's survey

Fitzmaurice, Michael michael.fitzmaurice at ngc.com
Mon Nov 29 07:19:08 PST 2004

Przemek,

I agree with your observations. The future of high performance computing will be Beowulf type systems using AMD and Inetl processors. John Payne would like to survey the Beowulf Users Group's Systems and combine the data with his earlier report. The combined data could be made available to the BWBUG members. Do you have any suggestion on how we might get the members to provide the information? Would you and possibly Don Becker or others be interested in forming a informal committe to find ways to collect the data?

Mike Fitzmaurice