bwbug: [Fwd: Questions for BWBUG]

Vann H. Walke walkev at presearch.com
Mon Nov 24 08:01:59 PST 2003

Alex Lesser posed this question to the group about cluster OS's.
Similar discussions have been happening in other places - I'm sure many
of you have followed some of the threads on the beowulf.org mailing
list.  Perhaps it is worthwhile to see what people are thinking in our
group as well.

At my workplace, Presearch, we build sonar trainers for the US Navy.
The nature of the projects demand a solid, stable platform.  We're
currently evaluating the RHEL line and will very likely standardize on
it.  The transition of moving from an effectively zero cost OS
environment back to a pay system isn't easy to make however!

Vann
Presearch, Inc.