ads3: Re: Symposium Post-Mortem

Barbara Bilodeau acarthew at cox.rr.com
Mon Feb 18 19:58:09 PST 2002

I happen to think the coordination with us musicians went pretty well.
Its interesting that each time we play as dance band, we learn something
new about the right numbers of repeats, the right tempos, etc.  But
then, it seems we're also starting to do a few more dances then just the
"old standbys" so we, also, need to learn and get used to the new
pieces.

A few things that were good for us:  we liked the stage.  Stages are
good.  It helps us be heard better.  lighting was good too.  Sometimes
we get dark corners, and that makes seeing music hard. (We're now
equipped with battery operated book lights, however!)  WE need a drummer
who doesn't also want to play lute.  Most of the music went better for
the dancers when we added the drum.

I think we all really enjoyed having a nice evening to play for, and
being at an event late but NOT early.  It wasn't nearly as tiring a day
as some events!
Thanks!
Anne.