ads3: Event Update

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:49:51 PST 2002

I've been asked off-line whether our instructors and staff members will be
expected to pay a site fee or if they'll be comped.  I would like to be able
to comp everyone, but at this point I don't think that's going to be
feasible.

Except for the band(s), everybody else is going to be asked to pay a site
fee.  This goes for me as well.  Fortunately, it's only $5, so I hope this
won't put a cramp in anyone's style.  If this presents a hardship, please
contact me off-line and we'll see what can be done.

We're less than 3 weeks away, and though all of the Really Big Problems have
been solved, there's ALWAYS gonna be a Top Five Worries list.  :)  Here's a
run-down of some of my thoughts as we get closer to the event:

>Autocrat (me):  Need to finish the site tokens and event booklet.  Need to
>re-comfirm kitchen access for the Chirurgeon, get SCA signage for the roads
>in the immediate event area, and prepare on-site signage directing folks to
>the appropriate rooms for their classes.  Try not to get in others' way as
>they do their jobs.

>Troll (Amalia):  Does the Barony have a money box?  Do you need me to be
>involved in getting you seed cash or is that more properly under the
>purview of the Exchequer?

>Class Coordinator (Constanza):  Need to get the class listings finalized,
>including descriptions thereof, and need to get everything "slotted" so the
>schedule can be published in the site booklet.  Can you pass to the
>instructors the site-fee information listed above, pls?

>ME Coordinator (Izdihara):  Need to stay on top of our last-minute class
>requests, and work with the Decoration Coordinator to get the Hafla set up
>properly.  Can you pass to the instructors the site-fee information listed
>above, pls?

>Dance Master (Gregory):  Need to confirm music/repeats with the Band
>Coordinator for the selected dances for the Ball.  Do you need anything
>from me (prizes, etc) for the Ball at all?

>Band Coordinator (Anne):  Have you heard anything from Bakhail, I've not.
>Is the band coming only for the Ball, or will some/all of them be there
>throughout the afternoon as well?  The site does not have music stands, do
>you have your own or do I need to find some locally?

>Chirurgeon (Reinhardt):  I'm reconfirming access to the kitchen for
>water/ice access.  Do you need me to arrange for the coolers to arrive
>on-site, or do you have that already figured out?

>Refreshment Coordinator (Katerina):  I hope folks have begun to offer you
>food stuffs for the Ball and Hafla.  I'm bringing fudge (not period, but
>tasty!).  In addition to food, we want to have hot water and
>tea/coffee/cocoa... do we have an urn to "cook" the water in?  Plus, we
>also need napkins, cups (hot & cold), and plates.  Does the Baronial larder
>have any of the above, and do you need me to provide anything we don't
>already have?

>Decoration Coordinator (Dawn): Haven't heard yet about storing our
>decorations in Lusby.  When I hear, you'll hear.  Besides storage, need to
>arrange for transport to/from the site, and need an idea what kind of
>attachment stuff (tape, glue, thumbtacks) we might need.  Also, work with
>the ME Coordinator on the decoration specifics for the Hafla room.

>Webslinger (Bryan):  Thanks for your hard work, we're nearly done with you.
>:)

Can you tell, I'm new at this?  :)

Here's everybody's contact info..... please feel free to chat amongst
yourselves about what a micro-manager Vard has become recently.  :)

-V

Autocrat (Vard) scavard at hotmail.com, 301-737-0437
Troll (Amalia) heather at kriebel.com, 301-705-5267
Class Coord (Constanza) sharon at cybernothing.org, 703-551-2174