ads3: Symposium Update

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 15:17:13 PST 2001

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  Here's a quick update regarding
our Symposium in February, and a question for each of you regarding what
info we can publish to our website.

As indicated earlier, the site and hotel contracts are in-hand, the flyer
has been submitted to the Kingdom Chronicler, and our website is up
(http://isenfir.org/academie/symposium).  I will be writing the Royals
shortly to invite Them to come, though we are scheduled for the same weekend
as the Tourney of Ymir, so I expect we'll get a polite "Thanks, but..." from
TRM.

Constanza has begun to get some class offerings, but I'm not really
expecting a whole lot of bookings until after Christmas.  Early committments
are great, but I'll not start to lose any sleep until at least Twelfth
Night.  :)

We have a new staff member.... Dawn of Dun Carraig has graciously
volunteered to help handle decoration of the site for our Ball.  I realize
that not many of you have actually seen the site... it's very nice and very
functional, but it's also quite "vanilla" and will benefit from some
sprucing up before the evening's Ball.  Fortunately, Dun Carraig is hosting
Kingdom Twelfth Night a month before our event, so we'll have available to
us all the decorations we can grab.  :)

I *think* I mentioned this earlier, but in case I didn't, the University of
Atlantia has okayed our plan to offer University credit to students who take
classes at our Symposium.  AFAIK, this is a first for Atlantia.

Since we're having a track of Middle Eastern classes, I thought it would be
nice to offer our ME friends an opportunity to have a Hafla while the others
are at the Ball.  I'm currently looking for a location to host it, and will
let y'all know what I come up with.  We can't count on there being space at
the Community Center, because the rooms we would use for it can't be
committed until the day we arrive, so I need to find an off-site facility.
Fortunately, there are two schools adjacent to the Community Center, and I
will also be checking with the Hotel to see if they have any
meeting/conference facilities that we might use.  Right now, the problem has
not been solved, so we can't yet announce that a Hafla *will* happen.  As
things change, you'll be the first to know.

Last item.  I've asked Bryan to add some info to the website, including a
listing of all of our staff members.  Except for myself, Amalia
(Reservations) and Constanza (Classes), NOBODY else's phone # or email
address will be published unless I get your permission.  Below is the list I
provided Bryan... **PLEASE LET ME KNOW** if your information is in error,
and whether we may publish your phone/email info.

Thanks!
-Vard
--------------
Autocrat:
Lord Edvard Gayer / Ken Buzzard
scavard at hotmail.com   301-737-0437 (nlt 11pm)

Troll/Reservations:
Lady Amalia Künne / Heather Kriebel
heather at kriebel.com   301-705-5267

Class Coordinator:
Lady Constanza de Tallavera / Sharon Buczko
sharon at cybernothing.org   703-551-2174

Middle Eastern Class Coordinator:
Khalilla (aka Lady Maria Beatriz la Mor) / Babmi Smith

Deputy ME Class Coordinator:
Izdihara al Hakima bint Durr / Karen Beary

Dance Master (Ball):
Master Gregory Blount / Greg Lindahl

Band Coordinator:
Mistress Anne of Carthew / Barbara Bilodeau

Event Chirurgeon:
Reinhardt von Glückstadt / Christopher Parks

Refreshments:
Lady Katerina von Breslau / Beth Smith

Decorations:
Dawn of Dun Carraig / Dawn Ellin