academie: Class on "Being in Charge of Dance"

Oxford, David dmo at pqa.com
Tue Mar 21 12:58:22 PST 2006

Greetings all!

As we move forward with planning classes for University (June 3rd in
Isenfir), I had a thought.  I've been talking to folks, and I'm getting
a real sense that there are an unfortunate number of people out there
who like dance, know reasonably well how to dance, and by all rights
should be able to run dancing (practice, or class, or at an event), but
feel like they're not "good enough", don't "know enough", or aren't
"worthy" or some such nonsense.

Would there be interest from folks in a University class on how to
lead/teach dancing?  It worries me that there are so many talented
people who don't feel capable of teaching even an intro dance class, or
of running a local dance practice.  Dancing only happens if there are
people willing to teach and run it, so we need to build that corps of
people who can!

I'd love to hear some thoughts on this!

Bryan

Spread the word: Dance is Fun!