academie: FW: Performing Arts Competion at Atlantia's KASF

Oxford, David dmo at pqa.com
Fri Jan 6 12:24:03 PST 2006

Greetings Atlantian Dance Enthusiasts!

I'm passing this on for those who haven't gotten the word elsewhere.  Specific to us, there will be a Renaissance dance portion of the performing arts competition at the Kingdom Arts & Sciences festival on March 4th.  This is, I think, a first for Atlantia, and I think it should be a lot of fun.  At this point the rules and criteria are still being formulated, but I think in general they'll be looking for period or very-nearly-period dances executed with skill and beauty and grace, faithful to the period style and pleasing to the observer.  At least, that's what I'm assuming. :)

Isenfir will be fielding a dance team for this event, and we'll be formalizing our plans in a couple weeks and practicing over the next several weeks.  We'd really love to not be the only dancers there! :)  I HIGHLY, HIGHLY encourage y'all to consider participating.  This should be a lot of fun, and, um, well, that's sort of the point, now isn't it? :)

Lady Anne la Settere is in charge of the overall competition, so you may direct questions to her (quotku at yahoo.com).  I'll try to help out by forwarding on information as I get it, too.  I believe the final criteria will be formalized soon.

I hope to see y'all out there!

Bryan