academie: nominations

L Shuskey/Elize elizedanizza at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 13:06:58 PDT 2005

All,

This time next summer I anticipate Karl & I will be
moving away from the area...depending on where I get
accepted, possibly very far away.  The six months
prior to that will be my practicum and internship to
finish my MA.  Life is getting ready to move from
kinda nuts to absolutely insane.

Thinking about this process as well as other things on
my plate, I have come to the decision that it is time
to step down and let someone else take the reigns of
the Academie.

To that end, I am accepting nominations for Chancellor
of the Academie.  You may nominate yourself, or
someone else.  You can nominate more than one person.
You can even send me a sales pitch for that (those)
nominee(s).  I ask simply that you email nominations
to me prior to, oh, let's say the end of September (in
hopes of getting it published in the Acorn for those
who don't have access to the list).

I'm not setting a date right now for when I want to
finish the process.  I'd like to see official whens
and wheres for upcoming Kingdom events first, to
include the Symposium.

Thank you to everyone who is involved in the Academie,
to keep the dream and the dance alive.

Elize

Argent, a pale purpure cotised vert between two sprigs of lavender proper.

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.  L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux."

          (One only sees well with the heart.  The essential is invisible to the eyes.)

                    - Antoine de St. Exupery, from Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince)