academie: Call for Papers--Letter of Dance Issue 50

Letter of Dance letterofdance at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 09:23:19 PST 2004

Dear Friends,

Feel like making a contribution to the greater dance
community?

If so, please considerer submitting an article,
letter, or review to the Letter of Dance.

I'm particularly interested in the following material:

* Teaching tips, articles on teaching dance, letters
to the editor, or modified class handouts that
document how *you* teach for the second of two
"teaching dance" theme issues to be published in
January.

* Amusing jokes, top ten lists, joke articles, or
other spoofs for our annual April Fools issue.

* New reconstructions or new interpretations of
familiar dances.

* Groups of articles that might become their own
"theme issue" (Grab your friends and brainstorm--I'm
open to pretty much anything here).

* Reviews of the new dance cds and dance related books
that have been published in the past year (especially
Santucci, Payne's _Alman in Britain_, Brooks' _The Art
of Dancing in 17th century Spain_, and Nevile's _The
Eloquent Body_.)

* Event reports or critiques describing new and
interesting dance events

* How-to articles describing how to do a specific
dance-related activity (how to cultivate new teachers,
how to run a ball, how to start a local practice, how
to dance Arbeau's courante, how to reconstruct dances,
how to dance like a nobleman, etc.)

* Historical articles on a particular subject (Morris
dancing in period, Masques).

* Anything else you can dream up!

I'm particularly interested in receiving material from
first time contributors.

For more information, please contact me off list at
letterofdance at yahoo.com.

As always, back issues and books are still available.
Contact me for more information, or visit the LoD
website at http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/lod.

Yours in Service,
Katherine Mercer
Editor, the Letter of Dance