academie: Dance event - Polar Bear Ball

L Shuskey/Elize elizedanizza at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 19:16:15 PDT 2004

I just got clearance to announce...

On December 18th, the Shire of Crannog Mor will be hosting the first Polar Bear Ball at Piney Creek Elementary School near Sparta, NC and Galax, VA.  Details are still sketchy, but here's what I know:

Partial proceeds will go to the school's tutoring program for at-risk students.

There will, of course, be a ball in the evening.  There are also plans to teach one or more dance classes during the day.  If anyone wants to teach, let me know.  There has already been a request for Bryan to teach a 16th C Italian class...  Live musicians would also be wonderful!

There will be a full feast.  I also hear we will have a Royal Progress.

We have the whole school, including the gym, so there will be indoor fighting and fencing.  There is talk of youth & other activities, but nothing definite.

Pricing appears to be $5 off-board and $13 on-board, not counting the non-member surcharge.  There is no preregistration, but it *would* be nice to let us know if you plan to come so we can get some small gauge of attendance.

I'll post directions when I have them.  More info should be available in the Acorn.

Thanks,
Elize

Argent, a pale purpure cotised vert between two sprigs of lavender proper.

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.  L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux."

          (One only sees well with the heart.  The essential is invisible to the eyes.)

                    - Antoine de St. Exupery, from Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince)

http://mail.yahoo.com