academie: LSA Lute Festival

corun at medievalist.org corun at medievalist.org
Mon Jul 5 07:40:32 PDT 2004

Greetings Dancers,

I have returned from a week at the LSA Lute Festival at Case Western campus
in Cleveland. A highlight of the week was a dance workshop of 15th c.
dances put on by the New York Historical Dance Company.

http://www.newyorkhistoricaldance.com/

These folks also performed 16th c. dances in the Wednesday night faculty
concert at the Cleveland Museum of Art. The dancers are Karl Mainz and
Dorothy Olsson and they're *very* good. I had a chance to chat with them
both at the Friday night post revel and asked them about maybe coming down
to the DC area to give a workshop, perhaps in conjunction with next year's
DC Early Music Festival (I need to contact the festival coordinators). To
that end I would like to know what you all would want to see in such a
workshop. What era of dance would you prefer? Also, I'm going to be
chatting with them about their costs with an eye towards maybe getting them
down to an Atlantian University.

Corun