academie: Caroso Workshop This Fall

Oxford, David dmo at pqa.com
Thu Jul 1 10:44:15 PDT 2004

Greetings all!

I know it's early yet, but I wanted to alert everyone to a not-to-miss
event this fall.  On Nov 20th, the Shire of Isenfir (Charlottesville,
VA) is proud to once again be hosting a day-long workshop on 16th C.
Italian dance (a la the great master Fabritio Caroso) put on by the East
Kingdom's own repository of Caroso knowledge, Susan de Guardiola.
"Lesson at the Palace" (Lezione al Palazzo) II will once again feature
an all-day workshop of dance instruction, followed by an evening feast
and then a proper ball where you can show off what you learned during
the day.

This is a rare opportunity to get a full day's instruction on
Renaissance dance from a highly-regarded professional dance instructor,
without the huge cost that such a workshop would normally entail.  If
you enjoy dance, want to learn more and interesting dances and expand
your repertoire and your skill and refinement, this is a GREAT
opportunity!  The reviews of the last one of these workshops were
overwhelmingly enthusiastic!

Many more details will follow in the weeks ahead as we get the event
formalized, prices set, etc.  But mark Nov 20th on your calendars NOW!
You won't want to miss this great event!