academie: Bransle du Chandelier (Candlestick)

L Shuskey/Elize elizedanizza at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 10:34:36 PDT 2004

We reconstructed it and used it as a performance piece for a program here on campus last winter.  I don't have the info in front of me, but I'll try to pull out the cheat sheets I made for it.  It's rather like a simplified form of Ballo del Fiore from what I remember...

Elize

Judithsca at aol.com wrote:
Hail, fellow dancers!
How have various people reconstructed and performed the Candlestick bransle? The directions are so wonderfully vague that there is so much room for interpretation. I am curious how various people have put the written instructions into practice.

Argent, a pale purpure cotised vert between two sprigs of lavender proper.

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.  L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux."

          (One only sees well with the heart.  The essential is invisible to the eyes.)

                    - Antoine de St. Exupery, from Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince)