academie: Re: SCA Dance plea

Erika Park jedierika at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 12:42:25 PST 2004

Unfortunately I will be unable to do this since I have a training for work this weekend that I cannot miss.  I am, however, forwarding it on to the Atlantian Dance Acadamie listserv and will definitely talk to people about it on Thursday.  Hopefully someone will be available to help.

Allasan

CKOVAR at aol.com wrote:
My lady,

I have a request to which I expect a refusal, so please do not feel any hesitation in doing so. I have been handed the extremely last-minute task of attempting to find entertainment for the Marymount University History Night, the theme of which is Renaissance this year. I have been coming up empty, but saw your note about Ponte Alto's dance rehearsal and thought I'd give it a shot.

Is there any chance that even a couple of dancers could come and demonstrate/teach some Ren dances this Saturday (yes, just a few days' notice)? The evening begins at 7:30 and lasts a couple of hours; dancing would certainly not take up all of that, and there will be food. Marymount is located on Glebe Road in Arlington, and transportation can be provided to and from the Ballston metro.

I used to know Lord Edvard Gayer, though I've lost his email address; if you know him and would be willing to forward this, perhaps he would take pity on me! :-)

Again, I fully appreciate the lateness of this request. If there is anything you can do to help me, I will be extremely grateful, but I recognize the unlikeliness.

Carrie Kovar
ska Ciar ingen in Gobann (though I've been inactive for a few years!)
Do you Yahoo!?