academie: Symposium class list

L Shuskey/Elize elizedanizza at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 15:31:05 PST 2004

For those who would like to know...here's the Academie-sponsored class list for the Symposium, as it currently stands.  I've noticed we haven't had anything Middle Eastern in a while...

If you see anything that won't work (like someone needing to be in two places at the same time), please drop a note to me & Constanza.

Elize

Track I - Italian

Session 1 - Intro to 15th Century Italian Dance - Ellen of York (Samantha Carlow)

Session 2 - Be a Better Dancer, the Period Way - Katherine Mercer (Catherine Dean)

Session 3 - Preliminaries for 16th Century Italian Dance - Gian Filippo de Cremoa, aka Philippe of Isenfir (Fred Ross)

Session 4 - Easy 16th Century Italian Dances - Katherine Mercer (Catherine Dean)

Session 5 - (Open)

Track II - a.m., music; p.m., English

Session 1 - Starting a Dance Band - Gian Filippo de Cremoa, aka Philippe of Isenfir (Fred Ross)

Session 2- (title to come, but music class) - Watkyn of Kent (Vern Wade)

Session 3 - Beginning ECD - Allasan inghean Fhaolain (Erika Park)

Session 4 - Intermediate ECD - Allasan inghean Fhaolain (Erika Park)
Session 5 - Introduction to Morris Dance - guest instructor (tentative)

Track III - Mixed

Session 1 - Starting a Local Dance Practice - Elize da Nizza (Lisa Shuskey)

Session 2 – Bransles – Elize da Nizza (Lisa Shuskey)

Session 3&4 - Period Dances to Modern Music - Karl Helweg (Karl Marx)

Session 5 – Bassedances – Constanza de Talavera (Sharon Buczko)

Argent, a pale purpure cotised vert between two sprigs of lavender proper.

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.  L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux."

          (One only sees well with the heart.  The essential is invisible to the eyes.)

                    - Antoine de St. Exupery, from Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince)