academie: New Development: *WH* ISO Dancers/Musicians for Raleigh Renfaire Demo

ThatUrsula at aol.com ThatUrsula at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 10:35:28 PST 2004

Hello, All.

New development:

The demo coordinator has informed me that their committee had decided specifically not to have dance at the demo (this decision was made before I sent the post, but not mentioned at the orientation meeting).  I won't go into the reasons.  Let's just say it was enough to make me roll my eyes, shake my head in exasperation and drop the subject completely.  In any case almost all of our local dancers have other commitments.  Many thanks to those who so generously volunteered.

In any case, if anyone is still interested in participating in Elvegast's demo (they'll still want and need people for various things), the folks to ask about anything related to the demo are Lady Gyssel and the Seneschal of Elvegast, Lady Adriana.  Gyssel's email is:  nhowell at dnagroup.com, and Lady Adriana's email is: elvegast at windmastershill.org.

Everyone participating in the demo would need to attend one of the orientation sessions in order to qualify for a free pass, and everyone participating in the demo (getting in free) needs to have a stated purpose.  I'm mentioning all of this because I don't want anyone to drive a long way to the demo on the spur of the moment and be turned away or have any other unexpected developments on the day of the demo.  Contact Gyssel and she'll give you the specifics.  A web site should be launched in the next few weeks and announced on the Windmasters' list.

If you haven't done the Renfaire demo before I'd definately recommend it for you.  And there's also the prospect of coming as tourists, paying the relatively cheap gate fee and doing it your way.  ;-)  The Faire web site is:  http://www.ncrenfaire.com/index.php

Take care,
Ursula