academie: list of common dances

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Dec 10 20:10:00 PST 2001

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 07:28:05PM -0500, Oxford, David wrote:

> In an hour class, given the target audience and allowing time for a bit of
> talking, step intros, and maybe even a little exercise in beat and rhythm (if
> they're *really* bad :), I'll probably be lucky to get in three dances.

Yeah, it can be a challenge to cover all the basics and actually get
to some dances, too.

One way to combine the two is to teach the Pinwheel as an excerise in
beat and rhythm while following oral instructions. Leave off the
sharking, and what you have left is marching while playing Simon Sez.

Gregory Blount