academie: Event info/recommendation

afreed at prodigy.net afreed at prodigy.net
Thu Nov 29 13:38:00 PST 2001

Interesting, my response would've been just the opposite!  My instinctive
response about events in general
would be that a big, fancy event like 12th Night will have more for a new
person to see and do--pretty garb,
fancy courts (I know they get boring after a while, but as a Chatelaine, I'd
want to show a new person all of
the ceremony and the scrolls likely to be at a big event, etc.), more A&S
display, etc.  Granted, it's hard to
argue with the experience of someone who's actually taken a new person to
12th Night, but I guess I would
just say there are advantages to both.

Ooh, look, I actually have $.02 to spend here!
Dryw