academie: Palming (was Pavanna la Cornetta)

Judithsca at aol.com Judithsca at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 17:39:53 PST 2001

Scriptsit Catherine
<<but
I'd call it turning your partner, albeit "intensely" (i.e. keeping as close
together as possible), and turning around a central pivot into your partner's
place certainly happens in period! (Gelosia, Bizzaria d'Amore, Black Alman,
etc.)>>

That is definitely period, no question.  Taking hands and circling.  If "palming" was just code language for grasping hands and circling, then I have no problem with that.  If so, then I would change the choreographic description, to prevent confusion, and say "take right hands and circle PL" or whatever.