academie: What busy little bees we are!

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 17:38:59 PST 2001

Here's a run-down of ALL of the pies we've got our toes in right now, to the
best of my knowledge:

Holiday Faire: (November 17th, Stierbach)  Dancing, run by one of us
(Constanza and/or Rowen?  I forget which.)

Masqued Ball: (February 8th, Caer Mear)  Dancing (hey, look at the title, of
COURSE there's gonna be dancing).  I think Aedan is likely to be in charge
of things here.... anything we can do to help?  ;)

Kingdom Twelfth Night: (January 5th, Dun Carraig)  The Academie is once
again running the evening's Ball.  I've been contacted by the Band
Coordinator, the Autocrat(s), and Her Majesty already, but am holding off on
bothering everyone with the details until we get our University classes
lined up.

Winterversity:  (February 2nd, Berley Court)  Katherine has compiled our
classes and is working on our schedule.  We will have 1 lecture class and
either 5 or 6 practicum classes, depending on tie breaks.  The deadline for
getting these to the University Chancellor is less than a week away, so this
is our Job One right now.

Atlantian Dance Symposium: (February 9th, Dun Carraig)  The site and hotel
contracts are in place, and the wheels are beginning to turn.  We have the
potential to draw a big name or two from OOK to come teach -- I'm working
that actively right now.  We've already scored a coup by having our classes
count toward University credit.  Boy, this is gonna be fun!  :)

Kingdom A&S Festival: (March 2nd, TBA)  We're going to do a couple hours of
demos, plus have LOTS of material and handouts for other groups.  Greg
mentioned the possibility of us having dance material (books, CDs) to dole
out to group MOAS's as required.

Coronation: (April 5-7, TBA)  We're not *officially* involved in this yet,
since the site hasn't been picked, but you gotta think it's coming... :)

-----
Lord Edvard Gayer, Secretary
L'Academie Atlantienne de la Danse
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/academie.htm