academie: ADS2 vs ADS3

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:01:53 PST 2001

Yeah, I know, this is actually the second "official" Symposium the Academie
has sponsored.  The name "ADS3" was chosen because we were hoping to have
ADS2 happen in the Central/Southern part of Atlantia sometime in the
November-December time frame.

Things fell through, but not until after ADS3 had already appeared on the
Kingdom Calendar.  Rather than complicate matters and encourage confusion, I
chose to stick to the ADS3 moniker.

There have been many dance-only events in Atlantia, even before the Academie
officially formed.  I attended one in Storvik, and I know that Isenfir has
had "Nothing But Dance" events more than once.  Only recently have we begun
to use the name "Atlantian Dance Symposium" in association with these
events, but they've been run by the same folks you see around you in the
Academie today -- Gregory, Stefan, Bryan, Vard, and others.

So, this event is going to be ADS3.  The next could be ADS2 if the Autocrat
*really* wanted to confuse folks, though I would suggest ADS4.  Heck, we
could start a tradition of skipping even numbers and call the next one ADS5
for kicks!  :)

After all, what's in a name?
-V

-----