academie: ADS3 Lodging Information

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:33:51 PST 2001

A block of rooms is being reserved at the Comfort Inn Beacon Marina hotel in
Solomons, MD, approx 4 miles from the ADS3 site.  The flat per-room rate
will be $66 per night, plus tax, and includes breakfast and in-room
microwaves and fridges.  This is a GREAT rate at a nice hotel that is right
on the water, the usual rate is in the $80-$100 range OFF-SEASON!!  More
info will be provided once the contract is finalized later this week.
Here's a link to the hotel's website:

http://www3.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=MD414

Also, for those planning to attend Twelfth Night in Dun Carraig on January
5th, I have some additional hotel info.  We have reserved a block of rooms
for $70 at the Sleep Inn in California, MD (4 miles from the K12N site).
Info is on the K12N page... http://duncarraig.atlantia.sca.org/xiinight.htm

While I was calling around for rooms for ADS3, I found an alternative that
is slightly less expensive and is less than a mile further away.  The
Lexington Park Super 8 is 4 3/4 miles from the site and they have a $55
group rate.  The # there is 301-862-9822.  It's not a nice or new as the
"official" K12N hotel, but it's an option if you want to save a few bucks.
:)

Once the ADS3 hotel paperwork is finalized, I'll send Bryan a copy of the
updated event flyer info to publish on the ADS3 website.  Go ahead now and
bookmark it:  http://isenfir.org/academie/symposium/

Thanks all!
-V

-----