academie: feast lost for Bhakail Yule Revel

Judithsca at aol.com Judithsca at aol.com
Sun Nov 11 16:36:00 PST 2001

For those who may have been considering attending the Bhakail Yule Revel,
here is the feast menu:

p.s.If you do not want to eat feast, there are plenty of really close
eateries to the site

The recipes come mainly from Max Rumpolt and from Sabine Welserin, both are
late period.
We start with salads on the table, endive, beet, radish, all served with
vinagrettes.  There will be either cucumbers or pickles as well.
The opening course will be pork cutlets in a black pepper sauce, armored
turnips, rosemary chicken, peas porridge with chard, and roasted carrots.
The second will be roasted beef with mustard sauce and green sauce, barkey
with mushrooms, roasted onions sallat, and cabbage with vinegar and butter
(not sauerkraut, but a nifty dish).
Desserts will be rice pudding, compote of dried summer fruits, poached pears,
roasted apple tart and confits (sugared almonds, candied ginger and orange
peel).
I understand someone is bringing a subtlety, of a cake with salamanders ....
:)