academie: Event Flyer: Masqued ball

Aedan Aylwyn aedan at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 9 21:29:37 PST 2001

Just to prove they let anyone on these lists... ;-)  (and since Judith made
me look up the dates to confirm the conflict )

Aedan

-------------------

December 8th, 2001 - Masqued Ball

Barony of Caer Mear, Richmond, Va
Come one, Come all to the Barony of Caer Mear to enjoy a day of dancing,
classes, and
merry fun! Put on your best dancing shoes, grab your mask, and come dance
the night away!

Site:  Battery Park Christian Church, 4201 Brook Road, Richmond, VA.  Site
opens at 2:00 p.m. and closes at 11:30 p.m.  There is a limit of 120 people
allowed on this site.  Reservations are strongly suggested.  The site is
DRY.  There is no alcohol allowed.  The majority of the site is handicapped
accessible, contact autocrat if more information is needed.  There are no
pets allowed.

Activities:  There will be three hours of classes offered, from 2:30 - 5:30
p.m.  Classes will include dancing, mask decorating (for a small fee),
Medieval games, and others.  A cooking contest, the theme of which is
'Portable Period Provender', will be held in the afternoon. Entries must be
placed on the contest table by 4:00 p.m.  In the evening, there will be a
Masqued Ball, beginning around 7:00 p.m. and ending at 11:00
p.m.  Musicians, singers, and entertainers are warmly welcomed to perform,
if they so desire, during diner.

Site Fee:  $4 and a dish to share.  Reservations are suggested, and may be
sent to the autocrat.  Checks made payable to Barony of Caer Mear, SCA
Inc.  Site limit is 120.

Merchants:  Merchants are welcome, but there is limited space. Please
contact Vladimir Misha Ilich Grigorov (Mike Gray) at (804) 264-8037 or at
<mailto:mikehermdogflute at aol.com>mikehermdogflute at aol.com. Please, no calls
after 9 p.m.

Food:  Snacks will be available for purchase throughout the
afternoon.  Dinner will be potluck.  We encourage you to bring food which
your persona might have eaten.  Beverages (iced tea, lemonade, and water)
will be provided.  Please bring your own feast gear.

Autocrat:  Lady Caterina d'Este da Venezia (Erin Potter) 3401 Brook Road,
Richmond, VA 23227, (804) 422 6607 nlt 10 p.m.,
please.  Email:  <mailto:erinpotter at iname.com>erinpotter at iname.com
Directions:
 From the North or South:  Take your best route on I-95 toward
Richmond.  Get off on exit 82 (Chamberlayne Ave/301).  Go south on
Chamberlayne/301 until you reach Azalea Avenue.  Turn right (west) and go
to the next light (Brook Road).  Turn left (south) on Brook and go to the
second light (Bellvue Avenue).  The church will be on your left.  Turn left
onto Bellvue to reach the parking lot, which is behind the church.  Parking
is also allowed on the side streets around the church.
 From the East or West:  Take I-64 toward Richmond.  This will join
I-95.  Take I-95 north, and follow the directions above.
Baron Aedan Aylwyn, Provost                     Caer Mear, Atlantia
Email: aedan at mindspring.com                     Royal Bad Influence - Retired
Academie d'Espee: http://www.mindspring.com/~aedan
  * * Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses * *