academie: Preliminary ADS3 Event Flyer

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 13:37:21 PST 2001

Gang:

Here's the current incarnation of the ADS3 event flyer.  This is *not* yet
approved for publication, but it will give you an idea as to what we're
signing ourselved up for.

Bryan will be putting up a website for us.  The address will be
http://isenfir.org/academie/symposium.  There's nothing there yet, since
there's no rush, but once the January =Acorns= start hitting people's
mailboxes, we should be up and running.

BTW:  If there's anything BLATANTLY wrong in the flyer, please let me know,
okay?  :)

Thanks!
-Vard

-----preliminary flyer follows-----

February 9th – Atlantian Dance Symposium III
Barony of Dun Carraig, Lusby, MD

Come join the Barony of Dun Carraig and the Atlantian Dance Academie as we
host the Third Atlantian Dance Symposium, to be held on February 9th in
Lusby, MD.  This Symposium will feature more instruction than ever before
offered – a planned 15 hours!  There will be something for every level of
dancer, from the very beginner to the very experienced.  And when the
classes end, the day will culminate with a Grand Ball!

Two complete tracks of instruction in Western dances from England, France
and Italy will be offered, including material never before taught in
Atlantia.  And if that’s not enough, this winter’s Symposium will also
feature a track of Middle Eastern dance!  Following that, what better way to
cap-off a day of learning new dances than by having a chance to strut your
stuff?  In a continuance of Atlantia’s newest tradition, the Dance Academie
and Ponte Alto’s Harp and Drum Corp are pleased to announce that a Grand
Ball will be held in the evening until the site closes.

Website:  For the most current information regarding the Symposium,
including our list of classes, please visit the Symposium website at
http://isenfir.org/academie/symposium/

Feast:  There is NO feast planned for this event.  There will be a 2 hour
break between the last class and the Grand Ball, and there are several fine
restaurants in the vicinity.  Maps and directions will be provided, or check
the website for further information.

Hotel:  Hotel information will be published in next month’s Acorn, and will
be also available from the website.

Instructors:  Gentles wishing to offer a class for instruction at the
Symposium are kindly asked to contact the Class Coordinator, Lady Constanza
de Tallavera (Sharon Buczko), (703) 551-2174, NLT 10pm.  Email:
sharon at cybernothing.com.

Site Fee/Registration:  The site fee is $5.00 per person in advance, $10.00
if received after 2/2 or at the door.  Advance registration is STRONGLY
encouraged, as site rules prohibit money from changing hands on site.
Children 12 and under are half-price, those 5 and under are guests of the
Barony.  Please make your check payable to “Barony of Dun Carraig/SCA Inc.”
Please list SCA and mundane names, and include electronic address if you
wish to receive confirmation of registration.  Send to: Lady Amalia Künne
(Heather Kriebel), 1210 Addison Ct, Waldorf, MD  20602.  (301) 705-5267, NLT
10pm. Email: heather at kriebel.com.

Site:  The Symposium will be held in the Southern Community Center, 20
Appeal Lane, Lusby, MD  20657.  Site opens at 11am and will close at 11pm.
The site is BONE DRY.  No live steel, no pets, no smoking permitted.

Autocrat:  Lord Edvard Gayer (Ken Buzzard), 21635 Weatherby Lane, Lexington
Park, MD  20653, (301) 737-0437, NLT 11pm please.  Email:
scavard at hotmail.com.

Directions:

>From Washington and the Northwest:  Take your best route to the Washington
Capital Beltway (I-495) and take Maryland exit 11A (Rt. 4/Pennsylvania Ave).
  Follow Rt. 4 South to Prince Frederick.  16 miles beyond Prince Frederick
then turn left onto Cove Point Road (MD Rt. 497).  Follow directions below.

>From Annapolis and the North:  Take MD Rt. 2 (Solomons Island Rd.) south out
of Annapolis to Prince Frederick.  16 miles beyond Prince Frederick, turn
left onto Cove Point Road (MD Rt. 497).  Follow directions below.

>From Central Virginia and the South:  Take your best route to the US-301
bridge over the Potomac River at Dahlgren, VA.  Go 3 miles into Maryland and
turn right onto MD Rt. 234.  Follow to junction with MD Rt. 5 at Leonardtown
and bear right onto Rt. 5 south.  Immediately after Leonardtown, turn left
onto MD Rt. 4 north, and follow Rt. 4 over the Johnson Bridge to Solomons
Island.  4 miles from the bridge, turn right onto Cove Point Road (MD Rt.
497).  Follow directions below.

On Cove Point Road (Rt. 497):  Turn right at the first traffic light onto
H.G. Trueman Rd (MD Rt. 765).  Go 1 mile, then turn right at the traffic
light onto Appeal Lane (Post Office on your left).  The Community Center is
at the end of the lane on the right.