academie: Dancing @ Dun Carraig Birthday (11/10)

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 11:03:57 PST 2001

All:

I will be running dancing at Dun Carraig's Baronial Birthday next weekend.
Here's a link to the event flyer:

http://duncarraig.atlantia.sca.org/bbirthday.htm

It will be at St. Mary's Ryken HS in Leonardtown MD.  Not quite as
inconvenient as other sites in Dun Carraig, but then again, nothing down
here is exactly "on the beaten path".  If there are enough "volunteers", we
can walk through the various proposed variations of "Pavana La Cornetta" to
see which one makes the most sense -- from historical and dancability
perspectives.

Note, dancing is *after* feast.  Muirghen's feasts are pretty good, even for
someone like me who's primarily a "meat-and-potatoes" type.  However, I will
be skipping this one to off-site to celebrate my 39th birthday at the pretty
good French place in Leonardtown.  Here's the (unpublished) menu:

1st course: Hunter's stew (meat lovers delight), Kasha, Sweet/sour cabbage,
Pumpernickle bread.  2nd course: Pork loin with rosemary and garlic, Apple
Moi, Savory toasted cheese and brockley.  3rd course: Chicken with apple and
currant pie, Buttered leeks and mushrooms, Blanc mange.  4th course
(sweets): Cuskinoles, Honey Mouse tort, Digby cakes.

-Vard

-----
Lord Edvard Gayer, Secretary
L'Academie Atlantienne de la Danse