academie: Pavana La Cornetta (?)

Judithsca at aol.com Judithsca at aol.com
Wed Oct 31 10:12:45 PST 2001

<<Well, do we know anything about the likely "nationality" of the
music?>>

The title of the music (if you have it correctly spelled) is some dialect of Italian.  Literally translates as "The Little Horn Pavane".  As far as I know, though, the Negri-Caroso pavanne model have longer, more complicated sections than the repeat structure that you describe, so that might not be a good a idea.  I would think an IoC model to be best, considering the venue.  The French model of the pavanne is basically an improvised one, with no real choreography (which defies the purpose of choreographing a dance to the specific piece of music).