academie: Pavana La Cornetta (?)

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:28:43 PST 2001

Gang (especially you music-types out there):

During the Walters Demo, Harp & Drum asked me to come up with a choreography
for a Pavanne that they've taken a fancy to of late.  (They're probably
figuring that if people can dance to it, they'll have an excuse to play it
more often... and they're right!)

>From my hastily-scribbled notes, I've got the following info, which probably
has a typo or two embedded in it:

"Pavana La Cornetta" (possibly Coronetta or Cornetia?)
"Henry Fizalan Port (Part?) Books, Brit Lib Royal App 59-62"
"Anon. c1530"

I've already got the timing and repeat structure memorized (AABBCC) and have
a pretty good idea where I would want the dance to be going .... certain
parts of the music just "feel" like certain dance figures.  I really can't
explain it, its just a gut feeling.

I'd like to see if there's not already a choreography written for this. I've
gone through the few music books I have and can't find this puppy.  Can
someone with a deeper library dig around some to see if it can't be found?

Thanks!
-V

-----
Lord Edvard Gayer, Secretary