academie: FWD: Stafford Demo, November 4

Catherine E. Dean cdean at gwu.edu
Sun Oct 21 16:12:37 PDT 2001

Hey folks.  Heads up!  Sounds like a decent demo and I might be able to make
it,
but can't commit just yet.

Katherine
(note where the *s are--I've added them before pertinent details)

>===== Original Message From Karen <karen_larsdatter at yahoo.com> =====
Greetings!

Just wanted to send over a reminder about the "Medieval Faire" demo
coming up on Sunday, November 4, at the Porter Library in Stafford, VA.

(This is the day after Crown Tournament, in case you need to check your
calendar.)

The coordinators are are looking to promote the SCA and hopefully to
recruit new members, and plan to have similar activities to the Salem
Church demo last spring:

- Heavy weapons combat
- Fencing
- Display tables of armor, weaving, garb, archery
**- Dancing**

The coordinators will need help running the display tables. They have
local SCAdians who will be there and having extra people to help out
will make everything run smoother. Garb for display is needed as well.
We need lots of fighters and fencers fencers to perform demos. **We'd
like to have a group of people to perform dances and teach dances.**

Please dress in your finest garb to come down and add a medieval flair
to the event!

Check your calendar and contact Cairistiona de Coueran
(garadh at erols.com) if you will be able to attend. The library has been
advertising this event, and they are reporting the interest is building
for this event.

Directions to the library are available at
http://www.librarypoint.org/branch.asp?branch_id=2

Thanks very much, and I hope to see you at the Faire! :)

Karen

http://personals.yahoo.com

Catherine E. Dean
cdean at gwu.edu
Jane Austen Afficianado, Renaissance Dancer, and Future Museum Professional Extraordinaire
SCA: Lady Katherine Mercer
No one who had met Catherine would have supposed her to have been born a heroine --JA