academie: Kingdom A&S festival

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Fri Oct 12 19:19:44 PDT 2001

The Kingdom Mistress of A&S wrote me about the upcoming Kingdom A&S
event, which will be March 2nd. She is inviting all the kingdom Guilds
(and organizations like ours that somewhat resemble guilds, but aren't
guilds at all) to do a 2 hour demonstration during the event. I replied
that we'd like to do 3 things:

  1) An information table, which could be up for more than 2 hours,
  2) A dance performance, which would probably only run 1 hour or
     less, and
  3) Social dancing, perhaps in the evening.

The information table is actually something we could do at other
events. It would explain to people (dancers, musicians, autocrats)
what the Academie is, show off examples of the Free Stuff we give to
dance groups in the Kingdom, and have copies of some of the primary
sources for dance so people can go "Oooh!" and "Ahhh!".

Anyway, as March 2nd grows closer, we'll have to actually organize this.
If anyone has any comments, speak up.

Gregory Blount