academie: Walters Demo: Vard needs help

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:11:50 PDT 2001

Gang:

I've got a close friend who has suddenly taken very ill, and I've been
spending a majority of my time at the hospital with her since getting back
from University Sunday afternoon.  One of the consequences is that I've not
been able to spend any time working with Lord Talbot to make final
arrangements for the Walters Demo next weekend, and it's also interfering
with my duties to interface with Ponte Alto's Harp & Drum Corps to ensure
that the band is available.

I need someone else to step up to take over the coordination duties for
both.

Lord Talbot is on this list, so he'll get a copy of this and whatever later
traffic this message generates.  If you need to speak to him directly, his
email is talbotgollum at yahoo.com.  I will be at Friday's practice this week,
so he and I can speak of any details that need to be discussed.  I know
he'll forward any decisions to the list.

The band coordinator is Mistress Anne of Carthew.  I am including a copy of
this message to her as well... her email is acarthew at cox.rr.com.  The last
time Anne and I talked, we were trying to determine which of the two days
were better for Harp & Drum (Saturday), and whether anyone might be able to
support the final dance practice on October 19th (next Friday, site TBD).
Still unresolved is whether we will have ANYONE to play for the dancers on
Sunday -- we *can* resort to recorded music, but because of the significance
of this particular demo, we should do everything we can to avoid that unless
there is literally no other option.  I have not had the opportunity to close
the loop with her -- can someone else check and please let Talbot know?

If anyone needs to reach me urgently, my cell # is 301-481-6067.  If you get
the voice mail, it means I'm in the cancer ward, where cell phones aren't
permitted.  PLEASE leave me a message, I'll call you back ASAP.

One of the beauties of the Academie is that we're all pretty much
interchangable.  Right now, we need another body to step into the niche that
I was filling for the demo.  Thanks for your help!

-Vard

-----
Lord Edvard Gayer, Secretary
L'Academie Atlantienne de la Danse