academie: Dancing at Pointless

James C. Wagner Jr. james at cds.duke.edu
Thu Oct 4 10:52:03 PDT 2001

Vard,

Have you been to crusades? There's cabins (LOTS of them.. on the order of 250+
beds.) There is an A&S display, and, Mistress Ceridwen is putting together
tracks of Classes. There may be dance classes, and a ball (if the Academie
pulls it off) I know of other classes. Heraldic Consult table, Archery shoots,
lots of other stuff BESIDES rattan fighting (and rapier fighting..)

Last year there was, also, a Bardic War point. 10 champions from each
side competed head to head. I was a champion (and missed my steak dinner to
do it as well) There was quite a bit of support for the Bardic from the
fighting folks.. (There were folks crowding in to sit on the floor in the
room and, also, folks standing outside because they arrived a little late..

james
*Who's trying to encourage things this year so folks will be interested
in advance next year when Atlantia is host...*